Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Welcome to Kant & Kids!

You don't know what you're doing here. I'm not sure what I'm doing here. Really, what is this?

Let me introduce myself: I am a homeschooling mother of four boys (Kids!), and a wife of a philosopher (Kant!).

If you too have four boys, homeschool, and are married to a philosopher, you just let out a sigh and muttered a few words of recognition and comfort.

If you don't, then... well, get ready to live that life vicariously.

Apart from the Kant & Kids, I am also a part time working editor and translator with two master's degrees and a half finished doctorate, an educator, a world traveler who speaks five languages fluently, an artist, a reader, a writer, and a runner. To top it off, I have lived over half my life abroad, and we are currently in the Middle East - Lebanon, to be more precise.

You see, it's not just Kant & Kids. Lately though, these two aspects have taken over my life quite excessively, which means some of the other properties, and especially writing, have had to go on the back burner.

I don't mind. Experience tells me that there will be time, eventually, to finish my novel or even a book series, and although I will never finish that doctorate, there are so many other things left that I want to learn, see, create, and do! But really [cliche alert!], the kids are only children once and will grow up so quickly - I am not going to miss out on that, AND my husband's career is at a crucial point, in more than one sense. So, without entirely losing myself, I currently focus on the people I love and live with.

In the meantime though, I'm going to use this blog as a creative outlet, for venting, inventing, complaining, sharing, and anything else that bloggers do in their blogs (I'm still figuring it out).

Ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment